Effective July 1, 2015, with the exception of minors in entertainment, work permits are no longer required for youth age 16 and older.
Follow the steps below to complete a permit:
1. Students should click here to go to the Georgia Department of Labor Workers' Permit web page.
2. Enter the student's Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
3. Complete the student portion of the work permit.
4. Ask your employer to fill out their portion online. You may print out your completed permit and bring it to your employer to manually fill out if they prefer not to complete their portion online.
5. The employer will complete their portion of the work permit.
6. Students may bring in the completed permit or the MSK number to Mrs. Czarick in the counseling office to finish processing.
A student may start up to 5 permits. If less than 5 have been started, then after entering SSN and Date of Birth and submitting, a link will display to “Start New Permit”. The student will then enter the requested information and submit, confirm that the information is correct, and then make the final submission. A screen will display with a Minor Security Key (MSK). This key will be used by an employer to access the minor’s permit. This page also displays a link to print a Work Permit Data Sheet for the minor’s and employer’s information. The minor may do one of the following:
1. Give the employer the MSK and ask the employer to fill out their section online.
2. Print the form and take it to his/her employer to be completed manually.
When both sections have been completed, the student may come to Mrs. Czarick in the counseling office to obtain the work permit.