Important Dates for 2017-2018
Fri, 1/12 - Balfour will be in the cafeteria during all lunches collecting senior dues and graduation announcement orders.
Wed, 2/7 - Balfour will be in the cafeteria during all lunches collecting senior dues and graduation announcement orders.
Sun, 2/18 - Deadline to order Graduation Announcements before prices increase. Orders placed after this date will ship directly to the student's home and have to be paid in full at a higher price.
Thur, 3/8 - Submit a hard copy of your final community service hours log to the counseling office by 3:00pm today. Link to Blank Form
Mon, 3/12 - Magic Moment will be on campus from 2pm - 4pm to take Cap & Gown portraits. Mr. Kuninsky will provide instructions for signing up for an an appointment as this date approaches.
Thur, 5/17 - Spring Senior Breakfast
Fri, 5/18 - Senior Movie Night
Graduation - The date and time of graduation will be set by GCPS by mid March. You will be notified at that point.
Senior Shirt Days
Here are our designated Senior Shirt Days. Wear your Senior Shirt to school on these dates.
- Senior Dues are $150 and must be paid by March 31. After this deadline, the cost will be $170.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at Balfour's web site - www.gabalfour.com.
- Dues can also be paid by cash or check on any day that a representative from Balfour is on campus during lunch - Dates will be posted
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT: Go to www.gabalfour.com, select GSMST and click SUBMIT, Click "Cap &Gown/Graduation Fee", Click "Cap & Gown", Scroll down and click the yellow box that says "View Package", enter student info, enter payment info.
Graduation Speech Auditions
- In Addition to the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, one additional senior will be selected to speak at graduation.
If you are interested in speaking at graduation:
- E-mail a Word Document with the text of your speech to Mr. Kuninsky by Wednesday, April 11.
- You will be notified shortly after if you have been selected to audition with the Speech Selection Committee.
- The audition date will be posted later this semester.
- Speeches should be about three minutes long.
- Contact Mr. Kuninsky if you would like to discuss ideas for a speech or receive feedback on a preliminary draft.
- Family and Friends are invited to send letters/cards for graduating seniors. This is a great opportunity to express congratulations and well wishes.
- Letters will be distributed at the senior breakfast on May 17.
- Place letters in a standard sized envelope or send a standard sized card in an envelope.
- Letters not sealed in an envelope will not be accepted.
- Packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents will not be accepted.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Bring letters to the Attendance Office or Mr. Kuninsky's room (5.241).
- Letters can be mailed to the school to the attention of Steve Kuninsky.
- Letters will not be accepted by email.
- Letters must be received by Wednesday, May 9
Graduation and Graduation Tickets
- The date and time of GSMST's 2018 graduation ceremony will be announced by mid March.
- Seniors will request guest tickets for graduation in April.
- Information on Graduation Ticket Requests will be sent by e-mail in early April and posted here.
Continue to check this site for updated information on graduation, senior dues, and senior activities.
If you have questions regarding graduation or senior activities, contact Mr. Kuninsky