Important Dates for 2017-2018
Mon, 4/16 - Caps & Gowns and Graduation Announcements will be delivered in the cafeteria during both lunches.
Fri, 4/20 - Deadline to Submit Order Form for a Graduation Yard Sign. Link to Order Form.
Thur, 5/10 - Spring Honors Night, GSMST Cafeteria
Thur, 5/17 - Spring Senior Breakfast
Fri, 5/18 - Senior Movie Night
Sat, 5/19, 3:00pm - Baccalaureate. 12Stone Church, Sugarloaf Campus - 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
Thursday, 5/14, 9:00am - Graduation Practice. GSMST Cafeteria
Thursday, 5/24, 5:00pm - Graduation. Infinite Energy Forum, Exhibit Halls A&B.
Senior Information Packet
This document contains important information regarding graduation and end of year activities. Please download this document, read it, and save it for reference through graduation.
Parent Help with Senior Week
Parents who would like to help with the Senior Breakfast or Movie Night, please sign up on the SIGNUPGENIUS Page Linked Here. We need volunteers to help with setup, serving, and cleanup; we are also requesting donations of bottled water, orange juice, and snacks.
Senior Week Theme Days
- Monday, 5/14– Future Self Day
- Tuesday, 5/15 – Character Day
- Wednesday, 5/16 – Pajama Day
- Thursday, 5/17 – Senior Shirt Day
- Friday, 5/18 – College Day
Senior Shirt Days
Here are our designated Senior Shirt Days. Wear your Senior Shirt to school on these dates.
- Senior Dues are $150 and must be paid by March 31. After this deadline, the cost will be $170.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at Balfour's web site - www.gabalfour.com.
- Dues can also be paid by cash or check on any day that a representative from Balfour is on campus during lunch - Dates will be posted
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT:
1. Go to www.gabalfour.com (NOT Balfour; the ga must be included)
Graduation Speech Auditions
- In Addition to the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, one additional senior will be selected to speak at graduation.
If you are interested in speaking at graduation:
- E-mail a Word Document with the text of your speech to Mr. Kuninsky by Wednesday, April 11.
- You will be notified shortly after if you have been selected to audition with the Speech Selection Committee.
- The audition date will be posted later this semester.
- Speeches should be about three minutes long.
- Contact Mr. Kuninsky if you would like to discuss ideas for a speech or receive feedback on a preliminary draft.
- Family and Friends are invited to send letters/cards for graduating seniors. This is a great opportunity to express congratulations and well wishes.
- Letters will be distributed at the senior breakfast on May 17.
- Place letters in a standard sized envelope or send a standard sized card in an envelope.
- Letters not sealed in an envelope will not be accepted.
- Packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents will not be accepted.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Bring letters to the Attendance Office or Mr. Kuninsky's room (5.241).
- Letters can be mailed to the school to the attention of Steve Kuninsky.
- Letters will not be accepted by email.
- Letters must be received by Wednesday, May 9
Handshake Picture Order Form
- Download this form to order handshake pictures from Magic Moment Photography.
- "Handshake Pictures" are taken when seniors shake Mr. Bray's hand after receiving their diplomas at graduation.
Continue to check this site for updated information on graduation, senior dues, and senior activities.
If you have questions regarding graduation or senior activities, contact Mr. Kuninsky