Link to video of senior meeting held on March 29. Important information regarding graduation, graduation tickets, and other end of year events/activities were discussed.
Important Dates for 2016-2017
Fri, 4/14, 3:00pm - Deadline to submit graduation ticket request - https://goo.gl/forms/yFvJMFnBJv6hplMP2
Thur, 4/27 - Graduation Speech Auditions - By Invitation Only - MLLH, 3:15pm
Tue, 5/9 - Deadline to turn in Senior Letters (Place in box in 5.241 or Attendance Office)
Tue, 5/16, 1st - 3rd Periods - Senor Breakfast in the Cafeteria
Fri, 5/19, 7:00pm - Senior Movie Night (Moana)
Sat, 5/20, 3:00pm - 5:00pm - Baccalaureate, 12Stone Church, Sugarloaf Campus, 2050 Sugarloaf Cir, Duluth, GA 30097
- Arrive at 1:50pm if you want to take graduation pictures in front of the GSMST Banner.
- Seniors not taking pictures should arrive by 2:20pm.
Thur, 5/25, 9:00am - Graduation practice, GSMST Cafeteria. Attendance is required. Graduation tickets will be distributed at practice.
Thur, 5/25, 5:00pm - Graduation, Infinite Energy Center, Exhibit Halls A and B. Link to Full GCPS Graduation Schedule.
Mon, 5/15 - Dress to Impress Day
Tue, 5/16 - Senior Shirt Day. Senior Breakfast, Yearbook Distribution, Laptop Return, Honors Night.
Wed, 5/17 - Character Day
Thur, 5/18 - Hawaiian Day
Fri, 5/19 - College Day.
Movie Night 7:00pm, Intramural Field
- Family and Friends are invited to send letters/cards for graduating seniors. This is a great opportunity to express congratulations and well wishes.
- Letters will be distributed at the senior breakfast on May 16.
- Place letters in a standard sized envelope or send a standard sized card in an envelope.
- Packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents will not be accepted.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Bring letters to the Attendance Office or Mr. Kuninsky's room (5.241).
- Letters can be mailed to the school to the attention of Steve Kuninsky.
- Letters will not be accepted by email.
- Letters must be received by Tuesday, May 9
- You should have received notification from your first period teacher with the number of tickets you will receive. See Mr. Kuninsky if you did not receive this information.
- Seniors do not need a ticket for graduation.
- Tickets will be distributed at graduation practice on 5/25.
- Seniors who do not graduate in May due to failure to meet graduation requirements will not receive tickets to graduation.
Final Exam Exemption Policy
- Click here for the 2017 Exam Exemption Policy (PDF)
Refunds For Balances Remaining on MyPayamentsPlus/Cafeteria Account
Seniors needing a refund from Cafeteria balances on MyPaymentsPlus Accounts, bring this completed form to the Cafe on May 15, 16, or 17 before school or during lunch.
Honor Graduate Status and Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a gold cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are currently close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate staus.
- Senior Dues are $150 and must be paid by March 31. After this deadline, the cost will be $170.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at Balfour's web site - www.gabalfour.com.
- Dues can also be paid by cash or check on any day that a representative from Balfour is on campus during lunch - 11/30, 2/1, 2/2.
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT: Go to www.gabalfour.com, select GSMST and click SUBMIT, Click "Cap &Gown/Graduation Fee", Click "Cap & Gown", Scroll down and click the yellow box that says "View Package", enter student info, enter payment info.
Continue to check this site for updated information on graduation, senior dues, and senior activities.
If you have questions regarding graduation or senior activities, contact Mr. Kuninsky